A sweet healthy indulgent – perfect for a weekend breakfast, post workout fuel or just whenever you fancy it!
Recipe should make 4 pancakes – (10 cm diameter, 1/2 cm thick)
For the Pancakes:
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp coconut oil (allow 1/2 tsp per pancake)
To top (optional):
Brown rice syrup
- Put all the ingredients for the pancake mix (except from the coconut oil) into a food processor or blender; I like to use my Blend Active for this as it is then so much easier for pouring the mix into the pan.
- Melt 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on a low heat. Once melted spread around the pan so the surface is covered.
- Pour the pancake mix into the centre of the pan. Move the pan around slightly so it forms an even circular shape, making sure the pancake are about 1/2 cm thick.
- Keeping on a low heat, cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the pancake is easy to flip over (using a spatula). Once cooked transfer the pancake to a plate.
- Repeat the steps above until all the mixture has gone. The mixture should make 4 pancakes but this will depend on the size and thickness you make them.
- To serve, stack each pancake on top of each other, sprinkle over your dried cranberries and drizzle some brown rice syrup!