Add something different to your breakfast!
These sweet potato fritters are so easy to make with using just two ingredients and some spices. Play around with the flavour, maybe add another vegetable like sweetcorn or onion, it’s a simple recipe that you can adapt to however you like!
Recipe makes 2 large fritters
100g Sweet potato, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cajun spice
- In a bowl, whisk the egg then add the sweet potato and mix together
- Add in the paprika, cajun spice and a little black pepper. Mix together well
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil and keep on a low heat
- In your hands form a ball like shape with half of the mix, it will be very wet and will not want to stick together. You’ll probably wonder how on earth this gooey mess will become a fritter, but trust me, it will!
- Place this into the frying pan and if you have room repeat the last step with the other half of your mix and place into the frying pan too
- Turn the heat up to medium and flatten the fritters slightly with a utensil
- Cook on each side for a few minutes, until they are easy to flip over
- The fritters should be a golden brown colour when cooked and ready to eat
- Serve with either a fried or poached egg, tomatoes and spinach, or whatever you fancy!..