This recipe gives the traditional crumble a healthy twist, and it even makes for a great breakfast hot or cold.
Don’t like raspberries? This crumble works with any berry; blueberries, blackberries, or just as apple on its own.
Recipe makes for 6 portions
460g Cooking Apple (peeled and cut into chunks)
4 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Coconut oil
Preheat oven to 180°C, gas mark 5
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil into a pan and add the apple. Cook on a medium to low heat for 2-3 minuets
- Stir in 2 tbsp honey and cook for a for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in the raspberries and cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour the apple and raspberry mixture into a dish or separate ramekins
- In the same pan melt 1 tsp coconut oil then turn the heat off
- Add in 2 tbsp honey and the oats, stirring together until fully combined. Pour the oat mix on top of your apple and raspberry mixture then dust over the cinnamon
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown and crunchy on top
Serve with cream or yogurt
The crumble can stay in the fridge for a few days, cooked or uncooked, enjoy!